Candy Cane Main is a month-long campaign focused on celebrating all the holiday events in the month of December while encouraging our community to shop locally through direct retail sales at participating businesses. The campaign kicks off with the Candy Cane Main Shop Main Street – Shop from the Heart district shopping extravaganza on the first Saturday in December, 11 am – 2 pm. Holiday shoppers can register to participate and gain access to electric carriage rides by the Borges Tahoe Carriage Rides and receive a commemorative tote bag for all their shopping finds. There will be a walking map of participating businesses, a perfect gift guide of hand-selected must-haves for the holiday season, photos with Santa and so much more. Be a judge and weigh in your vote for the “Let’s Get Lit – Light up the Holidays” holiday light and decoration contest. Make it a total experience by visiting one of our amazing eateries and fuel up in time for the Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce Parade of Lights on Main Street starting at 5pm. Spread some holiday joy and revel in the spirit of the season right here on Main.
Here are some important dates to remember for the upcoming festivities:
- Town of Gardnerville’s Christmas Kickoff and fireworks on November 30th at Heritage Park. This is a family fun event, free to the public with caroling, local dancers, hot cider and cobbler, photos with Santa, electric carriage rides, and of course FIREWORKS.
- Candy Cane Main Shop Main Street Kickoff district shopping event Saturday, December 2, 2023, from 11-2 p.m. Shoppers can preregister to gain access to the electric carriage rides and a commemorative tote.
- Photos with Santa Saturday, December 2, 2023, 11-2 PM – TBD
- Let’s get Lit – Light Up the Holidays Christmas Light Contest. We encourage businesses on Main to deck the halls and get lit in time for the holidays. We will have a panel of judges who will pick the winning business light display. The winning light display receives a Title Sponsorship level of Main Street Gardnerville for 2024.
- Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce’s Parade of Lights is Saturday, December 2nd at 5:00 pm on 395. This year’s theme is “Tiger Tidings – Spreading Championship Joy”
Candy Can Main Business Registration
Candy Cane Main Shop Main Street – Shop from the Heart kickoff shopping event.
Saturday, December 2nd 11 am-2 pm
- $25 business registration fee for current 2022 MSG business sponsors & $50 for non-MSG 2022 business sponsors, we will provide additional promotion to Shop Main Street and stay local, in addition to what you already receive as a Main Street sponsor PLUS:
- Participation in the Candy Cane Main Shop Main Street – Shop from the Heart kickoff shopping event on December 2nd.
- Coupons or ads for the day of the shopping event placement in the Commemorative totes. (coupons or ads must be submitted by November 20th to ensure placement in totes)
- Inclusion in our Candy Cane Main Walking Guide. Printed and downloadable PDFs will be available.
- Your selected product will be featured in the Perfect Gift Guide. (Must be submitted by business)
- Facebook and Instagram pages and promo mentions throughout the shopping season.
- Logo files as needed for MSG Shop Main Street. Shop from the Heart
- Giant Holiday lollipop display with QR code link to the Candy Cane Main map indicating you are a participating business. (Available to brick-and-mortar businesses only.)
DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS NOVEMBER 20th